10/4/17

Some elementary/middle grade books that haven't been nominated for the Cybils yet

Updated!

I know that nominations for the 2017 Cybils Awards  don't close till the 15th, and I also know that we have lots of good books nominated.  But I am twitchy about the books that haven't been nominated, especially the ones I haven't read yet; what if one of those is The One for me to champion?  And not that I am competitive, but ordinary Middle Grade Fiction is ahead by about 28 nominations.....

So here's a list of books that haven't been nominated yet; it's still an incomplete list, but I will be adding to it when I have time and updating it as books get nominated.   I'm not personally endorsing any of these, though several I did like lots, and though I'm pretty sure they are all eligible, I won't be doing Deep Checking until they get nominated...

Feel free of course to nominate a book that isn't on this list!

This is where you go to nominate.  You'll need to create a Cybils identity, but then you'll see all the different categories where you can nominate books (you get a nomination in each category).

The Ghosts in the Castle, by Zetta Elliott
Rebellion of Thieves, by Kekla Magoon
The Crystal Ribbon, by Celeste Lim
Voyage to Avalon (Mice of the Round Table, #2) by Julie Leung
Timeless: Diego and the Rangers of the Vastlantic, by Armand Baltazar
The Curse of the Chocolate Phoenix, by Kate Saunders
One Way or Another, by Annette Laing
Thornhill, by Pam Smy
The Daybreak Bond, by Megan Frazer Blakemore
The Last Panther, by Todd Mitchell
The Secrets of Hexbridge Castle, by Gabrielle Kent
The Journey to Dragon Island by Claire Fayers
The Many Worlds of Albie Bright
If the Magic Fits, by Susan Schmid
Horizon, Scott Westerfeld
The Griffin of Darkwood, by Becky Citra
The Star Thief, by Lindsey Becker
Edgeland, by Jake Halpern 
Jed and the Junkyard War, by Steven Bohls
Silo and the Rebel Raiders by V. Peyton
The Emerald Tablet by Dan Jolley
Hatched, by Bruce Coville
The Dog Ray by Linda Coggin
The Goblin Crown, by Robert Hewitt Wolfe
The Beginners Guide to Curses by Lari Don
Stormwalker by Mike Revell
Race the Night, by Kirsten Hubbard
Defender of the Realm, by Mark Huckerby and Nick Ostler
The Painting, by Charis Cotter
Maggie and the Flying Horse, by E.D. Baker
Dragon's Green, by Scarlett Thomas
The Doll's Eye, by Marina Cohen
The House of Months and Years, by Emma Trevayne
The Night Garden, by Polly Horvath
The Girl with the Ghost Machine, by Lauren DeStefano
Wormwood Mire, by Judith Rossell
The Silver Gate, by Kristin Bailey
The Mage (Foxcraft #3), by Inabalie Iserles
The Wizard's Dog, by Eric Kahn Gale
Gold, by Geraldine Mills
Tumble and Blue, by Cassie Beasley
Monsterland, by James Crowley
The Bone Snatcher, by Charlotte Salter
Wonderling, by Mira Bartok
The Lost Kingdom of Bamarre, by Gail Carson Levine
Joplin, Wishing, by Diane Stanley
Emily and the Spellstone, by Mike Rubens
The Princess and the Page by Christina Farley
Rules for Thieves, by Alexandra Ott
Holly Farb and the Princess of the Galaxy, by Gareth Wronski
Realm Breaker, by Laurie McKay


9 comments:

  1. I took a stab at a list too, but stopped at 20. I'm sure I missed a bunch from 2016 but hoping that more of these get nominated too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go through all the books at Kirkus for a future list update...I worry about those too! And the brand new releases...

      Delete
  2. Oy, this just brings home to me all that I haven't yet read this year! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I mean, not that all of them interested me -- but I meant to read the Burgis book before now, and I had NO IDEA there was another Barmarre book from Gail Carson Levine - ! I loved the original one! And Ellen Oh's, and Kate Milford's, and Sarah Beth's...

      ::sigh::

      Delete
    2. I know. I have read almost 350 books so far this year, and there are so many still to read. I guess it is a good problem to have, but still.

      Delete
  3. I'm still deciding, but was VERY surprised that MGF had more than spec fic. That never happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my precious, we wants all the nominations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good books. Thanks for that list.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles